This is one of my favorite go to recipes. I make it every week and it is a great way to use meal extenders to make the dish go farther. I adapted this recipe from Michael Mathers, The Shredded Chef cookbook. My version isn’t quite as “shredded” but is still a low calorie meal.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 can 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, canned or frozen
- 1 cup mild chunky salsa
- 2 tsp Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning or 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup quick oats or bread crumbs
- 3 egg whites or 1/2 cup liquid egg white substitute
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 can of enchilada sauce
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
Here is the ovenproof fry pan I use.
Della offers weekly zoom yoga classes, workshops, intuitive readings, and wellness coaching. You can find out more about her services here.